Inside Chefs’ Fridges, Europe. Top chefs open their home refrigerators
Ours is the era of the celebrity chef. Like never before, we’re fascinated by fine food and the personalities who create it. Newspapers follow the antics of our favorite cooks both in and out of the kitchen, bake-offs of all kinds become hit TV shows, and chef-owned restaurants have lines trailing around the block. Amid this media frenzy, the world of fine dining can feel removed from our lives.
Inside Chefs’ Fridges brings the heavenly cuisine back down to earth. Touring the European continent, it profiles 40 of Europe’s top chefs alongside their personal home fridges. The result is a revelation, through images and words, of the inner sanctum of culinary creativity, with each chef revealing theirdependable fridge contents, their favorite local ingredients, as well as two of their most treasured home recipes.
Stars of this European edition include Joan Roca, Massimo Bottura, Fergus Henderson, Yotam Ottolenghi, Marco Pierre White, Hélène Darroze, Inaki Aizpitarte, Mauro Colagreco, Thierry Marx, and Christian F. Puglisi. Eschewing the media dazzle, this book is instead an inspiring and accessible collection of exclusive insider secrets in which culinary genius meets domestic reality.
This book includes:
- Entries by 40 top chefs from all over Europe, with nearly 60 Michelin stars shared between them.
- Chef #1 and #2 from the World’s Best Restaurant list 2015 and best female chef of the year, Hélène Darroze.
- Two recipes from each chef, with an emphasis on local ingredients and specialties.
- Useful index for quick recipe access.
- Addresses of each chef’s restaurants.
- Illustrations of all 40 fridges plus additional details by Aurore d’Estaing.
- Foreword by Modernist Cuisine’s Nathan Myhrvold.